2019 Excellence in AP® Arts and Music Theory $20,000 Award Scholarship
Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT)
Mr. and Mrs. Peter O’Donnell, Jr. are pleased to sponsor the annual Excellence in AP Arts and Music Theory Award Scholarship to recognize four outstanding 2019 high school seniors who are enrolled in or have received credit for an AP Arts and/or Music Theory course. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide four exemplary seniors financial assistance to attend and graduate from the colleges/ universities of their choice in four consecutive years. Each $20,000 scholarship will be paid in eight bi-annual, consecutive $2,500 increments, subject to renewal criteria.
Eligible schools include: Booker T. Washington HSPVA, Coppell High School, Colleyville Heritage High School, Creekview High School, Grapevine High School, Lovejoy High School, Plano East Senior High School, Plano Senior High School, Plano West Senior High School and Richardson High School.
Please visit the APS CSEFA Teams school wiki page for a list of former registered ODF AP Fine Arts grant students who are now seniors and might be eligible for the 2019 EIA Scholarship.
- Texas resident and a U.S. citizen.
- Full-time high school senior enrolled in or received credit for (including taking the AP exam), at least, one AP Art and/or Music Theory course including AP Drawing Portfolio, AP 2D Design Portfolio, AP 3D Design Portfolio, AP Art History and AP Music Theory. If selected as a recipient, evidence of completion of at least one AP fine arts exam will be required prior to release of any payments.
- Maintain or have maintained a 90 or higher average in, at least, one AP Art or Music Theory Course.
- Completed a minimum of four additional AP classes and exams at the time of application submission.
- Maintain an unweighted GPA of 3.6 or above.
- Scored a minimum of 1350 on the SAT or 28 on the ACT.
NOTE: Applicants who receive a full scholarship to the college/university they plan to attend are ineligible.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019
Applications must be postmarked to the CFT’s Donor Services Department no later than February 1, 2019. Please see page 3 of application for detailed instructions. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Please visit the CFT ODF EIA Scholarship link at https://www.cftexas.org/file/2019-EIA-Application.pdf